A variety of foods made from wheat. (Photo credit: Wikipedia)
Find grains in many areas of the store, including the bread, cereal, snack, and pasta and rice aisles.
- Make half your grains whole grains. Throughout the store, check ingredient lists and pick the items that have a whole grain listed first.
- Whole grains include whole wheat, brown rice, bulgur, buckwheat, oatmeal, whole-grain cornmeal, whole oats, and whole rye.
- Rice and pasta are budget-friendly grain options.
- Choose hot cereals like plain oatmeal or whole grain dry cereal.
- Try new whole grain snack ideas, like switching to whole-wheat crackers or popping your own popcorn.
Click below to learn how to tell if it is whole grain: