The definition of anaerobic exercise is exercise that builds muscles through tension, also known as strength or muscle training activity. As mentioned earlier, you need strength training for your muscles at least 2 times a week. These activities should work all the major muscles groups of your body such as, your legs, hips, back, chest, abdomen, shoulders and arms. To have the best health benefits this exercise needs to be done to the point that you can’t do another repetition without help.
You can do muscle strengthening activities on the same or different days as your aerobic activity just keep in mind that you must not work the same muscle groups for consecutive days. Such as, if you work arms and legs Monday then you shouldn’t work them again Tuesday, but instead choose a different group like abs and back on Tuesday and you can pick up again with arms and legs on Wednesday.
Some examples of strength training activities are:
Working with resistance bands, which work both the positive and negative of the muscle
Doing calisthenics, which are exercises that use your body weight for resistance (i.e. pushups and sit ups)
Examples of beachbody programs comprised of mainly anaerobic/strength training activity
- Body Beast
Shop for a fitness program tailor made JUST FOR YOU by clicking HERE
- How to Add More Movement to Your Day and the Pros of Strength Training (kajuannadiamondfitness.wordpress.com)
- Anaerobic Exercise – Build Lean Muscle and Burn Calories (robertkarns.wordpress.com)
- Benefits of Strength Training for Women (livingthedreamcoach.wordpress.com)
- Strength Training (wlcm2thegunshow.wordpress.com)
- Cardio vs. strength training (foxnews.com)